New Poll

A fishy tale, Lyra and Eris
Eris
 Posted: Mar 1 2014, 06:56 PM
Embodiment of Discord
5 POSTS

To change an appearance,
one must be prepared to be anything,

Eris had been playing about at most. It wasn’t like she was hoping to achieve anything more than simply a disguise. After all she needed a new plan if she was going to infiltrate the embodiments. Chaos was after all everything to which she insanely craved. Some would stipulate that she wished for some sort of recognition with her other beings and this would have been true initially though their guardedness towards her made her resent their distrust. Sure she liked some mischief but nothing major. All of the embodiments had become rather demanding, rather too cruel for its own good. If that meant she would cleanse them out, even if that was to require herself then so be it, after all some would not call her crazy for no reason. Her plans would entail her however to create a new persona. In this case if she was to infiltrate anyone then she would need to be some entirely different than ‘Eris’.

The magic flowed around her. Looking in the mirror she cursed to herself at the lack of…imagination this had. In an instant she was a striking blond woman with a thin frame and great stomach. What lacked though was that extra vibe. Letting go of the magic’s influence she allowed her true form to come back, her black hair as messy as she had left it, her pale skin hollowed out by the blood red lips and the blackened eyes. In that second she hated herself. In that second all she wanted above everything else was to be beautiful and to have someone be hers or more strangely his. Still it wasn’t to be and she simply shook her head in defeat. “Damn Rumpel should be prepared to getting a whole lot of hell for this pathetic excuse of magic!”

Just as she was moving away from view her appearance started to change once more. Seeing this at the corner of her eye she halted. Returning to the position she occupied just a couple of seconds ago she looked in awe at her appearance. Her hair was still long but neater and instead of ravens hair was that of the sea. Tinges of black remained but made her hair look thicker and added a dimension to her hair. Her skin was still pale but had a shine towards it like she was that of a star. Everything looked more radiant but she still possessed her calculating gold eyes. It seemed like this was not going to be changing at any time soon.

Happy with the results that she gained she looked about her shack. Well more specifically it was a part of a cave. It was an underground place she knew was a hard place to reach, so it was specifically good for her experimentation earlier. However she was quick to notice there was some rustle with the water at the other side. Some part of her was annoyed by the annoyance but her curiosity took the better of her and she proceeded to see what was making that entire racket.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
LYRA
 Posted: Mar 16 2014, 02:40 AM
10 POSTS

Slow Me Down
Rushing and racing and running in circles. Moving so fast I’m forgetting my purpose. My head and my heart are colliding, chaotic. Try to appear like I’ve got it together. I’m falling apart. Save me. Somebody take my hand and lead me. Just show me how. Don’t let me live a lie.

tag: Morpheus
notes: Rawr.

It had only been a few days since she had first seen the Prince, but the young Mermaid knew she would never be able to banish him from her mind. He was so different from the males of her species, so mysterious and kind. She had seen how he interacted with the other humans on his ship and found herself wanting to know more about him. He was hard working, funny, kind, and seemed to enjoy the funny music the humans played. The Mermaid had to admit, she also found herself liking it, even if it was so different from the music of her own people. And when they danced! It looked so wonderful that she couldn't help dreaming of having her own set of legs. She would skip and twirl about, drowning in the beauty of the music and never giving mind to those around her. She had tried to mimic the dancing later, but she found that floundering about in the water was not the same. Apparently only creatures with legs can truly dance.

The Mermaid had watched the ship for several days, growing more fond of its inhabitants by the day, especially the handsome young Prince. Oh, how she wished she could pull herself up out of the water, stride across the deck and speak with him. He would see that they were meant to be, and after asking her to dance would ask her to accompany him back to his palace for a time. Then, after a wonderful, whirlwind courtship, he would ask for her hand and they would have their happy ending. That was how it played out in her mind. The only thing missing was a pair of legs. If only...

When the ship was caught in a terrible storm and sank, it had been fortunate that the Mermaid was there to save her prince. He had been knocked unconscious by a beam of falling timber, and surely would have drowned if she hadn't saved him. She dragged him to shore and kept watch over him, but lost her nerve when he began to waken and dove back into the water. As far as she knew, he didn't know who had rescued him.

She had heard from her grandmother of a Sea Witch who was rumored to grant wishes. Of course, this was a cautionary tale and not meant to be used as inspiration, but the Mermaid had taken it as such. After some further investigation and searching, she had learned the general vicinity of this fabled Witch's abode. After days of searching, she believed she had finally found it! Hope swelled in her heart as she pulled herself out of the water and rested on the floor of the cave, looking about expectantly. There was definitely someone living here, and she was willing to bet anything that it was the creature she sought. "Hello?" She called out bravely. "Is anyone here? I'm looking for someone, someone who can help me." She waited for a moment, but no one answered her. "Oh, please let there be someone here," she muttered, slowly beginning to believe she had reached yet another dead end.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome!
Welcome to Dreams Don't Come True. This site is inspired by the comic book series, Fables. Fortunately, you don't need to have read the series to enjoy it here; you just need to have a love of fairy tales and folk tales. We do not allow Disney or Once Upon a Time versions of the characters, although we do allow you to glean information from them, such as certain personality traits etc. Please feel free to look around and ask any questions you may have.

hover for links

Staff

Frost

Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

skin by panic! its lauz of shine, atf & caution.