Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What do you fight for?, [Embodiments]
Morpheus
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 02:55 PM
Embodiment of Dreams
31 POSTS

Dream a little dream of me
"Oh don't talk of love" the shadows purr. Murmuring me away from you.
"Don't talk of worlds that never were. The end is all that's ever true.
There's nothing you can ever say, Nothing you can ever do..."

It was time, they needed to speak, all of them. Morpheus knew that this threat to the mortals was simply so much more then that, it was far reaching and in due time it would consume even The Embodiments in its game. After his own experience with the clearly failed attempt at recruitment by the Sea witch and the Siren. There was little more he could do but meet with the others in their realm of Fantasia. Though he preferred the Dreamscape, it was not a place many could go freely, save for the Two Oneiros, as the Greeks called them.

It was however their home, home to all embodiments. It was not hard to pass word along throughout that something afoul was afoot. An it would require their attention soon enough. What they should do, how long should they wait before acting. Should they even act in it. Now as he sat with his hands steepled at the finger tips. Elbows rested on the table waiting for the others. His thoughts turned to the siren, and the failed attempt at recruitment.

Was this other side just gagging how the embodiments would respond? What game were they playing at, not even the Dream Lord could see this end. Nor the means to it, for once it slightly disturbed him not to know. It was not fear, simply because he could craft the unknown. Able to give the dark shapes lighter forms. What perhaps troubled him most was the embodiments there were more under the control of the hand of men, how men's actions called them to sides. Not everyone of them could be so lucky as the more untame-able.

But those like him, where they stood could turn the tide in favor of one side or the others. Should they even get involved or watch idly as the worlds fought. As they had done many a times before.

Something was different about this, very much more then some petty war for the Greek Isle's or the soul of Europe. This would spill into every realm. An Morpheus, would side if he had to, already choosing the mortals. Simply because, they would not be if it was not for their short lives. They existed, because of the humans. His belief though was not shared more then likely by all.

All he could do now was wait for the others to show, and wait for what would probably prove to be the argument of the century to being.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Icelos
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 04:10 PM
Embodiment of Nightmares
4 POSTS

Tough old world, baby. If you're not bolted together tightly, you're gonna shake, rattle, and roll.
Hello, home - with all of it's familiar unfamiliarities. It never stayed the same, not so long as the embodiments sat within it. Sure, War might always keep a castle for him to gaze over the mortal realms, ready for the next big siege, his brother might have always had a place for his rainclouds, but everything was subject to manipulation. Today, a tree might have stood somewhere it probably shouldn't. Tomorrow, there would be a sign, "NO TREES INDOORS".

But, home was home, and home was sweet, in it's own way. It had it's charms, where the mortal world had some kind of restriction to it, Fantasia seemed like one with some freedom and whimsy, even if it was otherwise run properly. They were all sorts of things, angry, loving, compassionate, beautiful, lustful, melancholy - the list was pretty long - but, as a vast majority, excluding some present company, they were fairly reasonable overall.

He hadn't come as a nostalgic visit this time around - no, he got word, from a brother who liked to worry. It didn't suit Icelos, cramped his style a little; if he worried, he would think too much, and over-thinking was just as bad as under-thinking - one of them commanded too little, and ultimately ended in fires and destruction, while the other too much attention, things didn't happen when they had to, and then there were fires. Talk about a rock and a hard place - he'd stick to spur of the moment logic and opportunistic approach, up until now, it hadn't cost him much.

He got the jist of the ongoings - the siren and the witch were at it again, trying to claw back what they could, trying to build something. Recruitment, because conscription wasn't really a viable concept for anything that involved attacking the good guys. Nope, this was going to be an army they raised, built on the blood, sweat, and mostly blood of volunteers. Hurray for misuse of democracy - building evil empires since slavery and class stopped really meaning anything.

It'd make for some interesting nightmare fodder - but in the meantime, he'd have to try and handle this as best he could. There he sat, his brooding brother, elbows to glass, fingers together - he was either praying to something greater, which put a real limit on what he could have been praying to, or he was planning his world domination. Icelos always did have a sinking feeling his sibling was some form of Dr. Evil archetype. He'd have to deal with him later - for now, it was time to play catch-up.

Stepping over the seat, Icelos dropped himself down into sitting, his legs crossed and propped over the table, while an arm rested over Morpheus' shoulders, leaning back in the chair. The nightmare man himself had shown up, that was good, right? Well, that was debatable.

"If you're plotting, pyramid fingers, I'd say you better demand somewhere around one jillion dollars."

“Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear.”
Template by RUMPLED LACE @ Caution 2.0
PM
^
PHOBOS
 Posted: Feb 20 2014, 05:25 PM
Embodiment of Fear
13 POSTS

Sympathy for the Devil
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for long, long years, stole many a man's soul and faith. So if you meet me, have some courtesy. Have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politeness or I'll lay your soul to waste. .

tag: None
notes: None

So the small-minded denizens of Fantasia were gathering for a meeting, were they? A summit of this level of importance hadn't taken place in, oh, several centuries. If he had to venture a guess, the event of the Black Plague on earth was the last time Phobos had even bothered to attend one of these. Of course, that had merely been because he and Pestilence certainly didn't get along, and he had attended just to chaff that stick-in-the-mud's hide. Well, isn't that why he was strutting through the doors of the meeting hall now? That, and other reasons that would remain his and his alone.

Phobos had dressed up for the occasion, albeit a bit flashy and pretentious. He had certainly meant to appear that way, though. Let them think him the fool they had always assumed him to be. While they pontificated and postured for the sake of glory and pride, he would sit back and watch the world burn. None of them were any fun anymore, so why should he bother to join in with a bunch of worrisome blatherskites? He had dressed in black leather, a matching cape with crimson trim garnishing the inner folds and peeking out every so often and then popping back to remain the only bit of color to the ensemble. He had slicked back his hair and looked every bit the villain they thought him to be. Good, let them think. Be he good or evil, he would throw in his lot where he saw fit. No grand talks or negotiations would change that fact, my friend.

He stalked in and halted in the doorway, his eyes scanning the room with interest A deadly pale blue, those eyes were both brilliant and hollow in their gaze. They rested on the only two people in the room; the fascinating offspring of that minx Nyx. Both were complex and interesting creatures. Phobos wasn't a fan of most Embodiments, but these two he could make an exception for. He buried his hands in his pockets and gave a sharp laugh. "Maybe this meeting won't be such a drag after all," he commented shortly. He glided across the room, his long legs covering the distance between the door and the table in practically no time at all.

He pulled out a chair on the other side of Morpheus and winked at both, sizing them up with a grin and those death-pale eyes. He crossed his legs and waited a moment, glancing at them silently. Then, feigning surprise, he looked from one to the other. "Oh, was I interrupting some deeply spiritual brother-to-brother moment?" He drummed his hands on the table sharply for a second and stood, bowing low. "Well then don't let me keep you from it." He patted Morpheus on the shoulder warmly and turned to go. He started to stalk toward the door, his swagger evident in every centimeter of his body. "Do tell my dear mother that I did attend at her behest. I just hate to interrupt a touching family moment. Give my regards to the other power mongers, will you?"

He really didn't expect to be able to get out of the meeting that easily, but he could certainly try. Hey, at least he made an appearance. Now he could get his mother and brothers off of his back about it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Eris
 Posted: Feb 21 2014, 12:13 AM
Embodiment of Discord
5 POSTS

i wanna mess with your head,
as I have nothing better to do,

Things had been picking up. For a start she had been using Lysa as of late to infiltrate various areas to see where their allegiances lay. Some it was as simple as reading it off their faces and others it was rather harder to predict as they kept their cards closer to their chest. Recently she had asked Lysa to try and ‘convince’ Morpheus to a side. Even before asking the siren she knew it was a hopeless mission yet she really wanted to mess with his head. Being the Sea witch as well as discord was just fantastic within her eyes. No one except Phobos knew about her Sea witch persona and he wasn’t going to be going around telling anyone anytime soon. If he had then she would know exactly what to do with him.

It had been a very long time since she had been here. It wasn’t like she felt overly excited to be here except to see what all of the fuss was truly about. She wondered if it had something to do with her and her little Siren stirring trouble. She really hoped it was but she didn’t want to jump into any presumptions. Heading at the doors she realised that there was a familiar face there. It had been her lovely Phobos. Looking at him up and down she became curious. “Are you leaving already? Passing her hand across his chest she proceeded into the room.

Heading further into the room she scanned for the presences there. So far it was just the men. Well three to be exact. Whether any more were actually going to turn up she had no notion but that truly didn’t matter in the least; being around men made her feel a lot more powerful anyways. Something about them talking in a more unguarded tongue helped. Being embodiments however the tensions were a little more high. Walking with her back straight, her heels tapping in a continuous rhythm on the floor and her dress flapping at the slits at the side she felt invincible.

Licking her lips she gave all three of them a smile and then proceeded to place herself upon a seat at the other end of the table. Well this girl like dramatics you had to give her credit for that. She didn’t care if they were irritated by her presence, she loved causing disorder. Oh how the tension was making her squeal like a girl. Slowly wiping her finger across her lips she then proceeded to speak. “I hope I haven’t missed anything too…exciting.” A small laugh escaped her. Oh how she was going to love this. If Morpheus honestly thought he would accomplish anything then he was as silly as she thought he was.

Looking towards Phobos’ side she gave him a wink and followed up with the biting of her lips. Oh the last time they had met there was some tension until they were lovers. Once she was tired of him, for she wouldn’t let him dump her they went their separate ways but not before giving each other hell. Oh it was the way she liked it. Nothing simple, nothing sweet, just filling a burning need between two wound up embodiments. Her golden eyes darted about the room. Everything seemed rather too… proper…too orderly for her liking. Still there was plenty of time to rectify it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Morpheus
 Posted: Feb 21 2014, 11:08 AM
Embodiment of Dreams
31 POSTS

"Plotting is more your card then mine, though I suppose it does require some form of an attention span longer then a goldfish. "Morpheus spoke in stern retort to his more whimsical other half. "I was thinking is all," He spoke before reaching to remove his brother's hand from his shoulder. However annoying Icelos could be, Morpheus was a bit relieved that he was amongst the first here.

Perhaps it was a bit of a stable remind of the true serious nature of it all. That he was indeed still not a total waste of space and magic. He'd think his light hearted better half later for it. Now was not the time.

He leaned back in the chair, his hands returning underneath the black cloak that always covered the dream weaver's thin form. All and all surprised there hadn't been a sandwich comment yet from the elder.

However the sarcasm that pervaded belonged to neither but Phobos. Morpheus didn't rise to the words, knowing his own sibling too damn well. That Icelos would retort more then likely with enough sarcasm for the both of them. He cared no who decided to stay. It just went to show how right he was with his own thoughts. That those who were a bit more at the beck and call of men would be unable to really make such a choice.

"Nothing at the time Eris, just waiting. "Oh if only Morpheus knew, that in this very room was the one trying to sway his side. Yet as of the moment, he had none. Though for all their clairvoyance and knack for knowing everything about everyone. They knew nothing of each other, they could not read one another as they did the mortals. They were blind to each other. Which made the underhanded games such as these... so much more at stake. What was spoken here could be used in plots later. It appeared though none could see it, that the room was so far divided.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Icelos
 Posted: Feb 21 2014, 11:43 AM
Embodiment of Nightmares
4 POSTS

Tough old world, baby. If you're not bolted together tightly, you're gonna shake, rattle, and roll.
As his hand was removed, it comically flopped onto his lap with a loud slap, bouncing off of his leg before laying flat, palm down as his head slowly turned, looking at his brother's stern face. A firm expression of...well, whatever level of firm and stern it had elevated to. A seven on the grump-ometer, a code brown on the sterny-scale, a 12.5 in...joke about nautical miles here. The important thing to remember was, Morpheus looked serious. Too serious, in fact, that it probably made good he had come to lighten the air a little.

"Did someone forget to eat a Snickers this morning? I told you it's on the right hand side, not the left. If you keep rolling left, you'll never get it, you know." All jokes aside, it was somewhat concerning - Morpheus might have been a stick in the mud when it was convenient to him, but he never called meetings unless there was something funny about the mud he got stuck in. This was probably important - and everyone knew what an important meeting required.

"I didn't know you could pick up on a family moment, what with your old man preferring the backhand approach to love." Sarcasm toward Phobos, of course - welcome to the meeting, grab a seat, the party was only just getting started. Icelos shifted, holding his own hands, fingers laced between the gaps, on his rather baggily trousered legs, his feet hooked at the ankles as he lounged. Comfort was a virtue, after all. "But if you're not planning on making a beer run, there's no point in getting the engine started. Take a seat, we need someone's expense to be the bearer of bad jokes. Hey, when you were growing up, were you Ares' practice swing? 'Cause he's got a mean right arm in tennis."

Jokes. Jokes on top of jokes. This was his territory, for something that made a game out of fear. It was his profession, his approach, his coup de gras - it was his territory. Which, coincidentally, was Phobos' too - but they had very, very different approaches and methods. They weren't much apart in age - fear had to come before nightmares, but nightmares could make the daily fears pale in comparison. A fear was set, but nightmares had room to shift - monsters weren't real, usually, but when the lights went out, they had all the dominion they needed. So with a grin, he winked at Phobos - oh yeah, Icelos thought he was better at fear alright. Probably because he didn't feel compelled to act scary.

But the party got bigger, another new one - and right away he could feel the awkwardness that was about to spill over. He couldn't read what and who she was, that was a country mile away, but he knew awkward sex tension when he saw it. And with him? Now that was groady. "I was wondering when an earthquake might show up. You've not missed anything yet - we were just talking about how Ares got good at basketball by scoring hoops with Phobos. I hear Dracula here made an excellent ball, always came running back. Suppose it was better than when dear old dad was practicing his javelin throw, am I right?" Now he had a second toy - this could be fun.

Sandwich jokes were too easy - most of the mortals had taken to making them, and honestly, he had grown tired of the whole sexism schtick; the real fun was poking the bear in the belly. Over and over. Until they got mad and screamed something, so he could poke that, too. "How's it going, Eris? Sank any good ships lately? Buried any cities in lava? I bet you take the mortals home once they're locked in obsidian as house ornaments, am I right?" So maybe it was dark comedy. But hey, at least he was getting his kicks.

“Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear.”
PM
^
PHOBOS
 Posted: Feb 21 2014, 08:57 PM
Embodiment of Fear
13 POSTS

Sympathy for the Devil
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for long, long years, stole many a man's soul and faith. So if you meet me, have some courtesy. Have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well-learned politeness or I'll lay your soul to waste. .

tag: None
notes: For Icelos biggrin.gif

Phobos' departure was interrupted by the entrance of that loathsome female, whose presence was even more infuriating by the physical beauty she possessed. She was a thing to behold, and Phobos always found his carnal desires drawn to her as a moth is drawn to the flame. If she wasn't so damned unconscionable and, frankly, bat-shit crazy, he might actually have a fondness for her. As it stood, he only had a use for her body. She preferred to think she had the upper hand when it came to him, but he was no lap dog. He did not come when called, he refused to sit or stay, and he certainly didn't roll over. Well, not without an excellent reason to do so. If it served his ends, then he might consider acquiescing to her desires, but otherwise he simply preferred to view her soul with contempt and her body with lecherous delight.

She rested a hand on his chest, and he halted, allowing her to pass andnturned to follow with a more somber tone to his step. He deftly pulled her chair out for her and waited for her to be seated before leaning over the back of her chair. His arms snaked around the sides of the chair back and came to rest on the flawless alabaster skin of her shoulders. His long fingers glided up around the swan-like neck and lightly caressed her, a deceptively tender touch overshadowed by the darkness in his eyes as he looked down at her with disdain. "Leave?" He asked with a small chuckle as he slowly started to close his grip and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "And miss the chance to throttle your lovely neck? I think not, my dear." Just as the hands were at the point of grasping tight around her throat, the hands dashed from her presence and he stalked back to his chair, wiping his hands together with obvious disgust.

Deciding he might as well stay now that Eris was here (Leave and miss taunting her in front of the others? Certainly not!), he flopped back into his seat and turned his attention to Icelos who was choosing, as always, to toss barb after barb his way. He had ignored his snide remarks until then, viewing him as one might a fly that simply would not stop buzzing. His eyes viewed Icelos with an amused interest, although he hardly listened to every word that was spoken. Finally, after that last jab at Eris, he spoke. Just the right amount of sarcasm and amusement dripped from his voice as he addressed the jokester among them. "I wouldn't know what dear ol' dad's doing, honestly. Hopefully practicing with some other devoted, loving son. Perhaps Deimos; haven't seen him in a while. Maybe they're out terrorizing a village together for some good father son time. And how is your father? Involved as ever, I take it?"

He then turned to Morpheus and smirked as he looked him up and down. "And you're a pensive ball of emotion, now aren't you? Worried the humans can't fend for themselves when the darkness comes calling? Or is there more to this circle of love than meets the eye? I heard through the very noisy grapevine that a Siren came calling for you. Please tell me you tapped that." He winked, glanced at Icelos and drummed his fingers on the table sharply. "If you ask me he needs to get laid. Might make him less of a bore, don't you think?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Eris
 Posted: Feb 21 2014, 10:26 PM
Embodiment of Discord
5 POSTS

i wanna mess with your head,
as I have nothing better to do,

The way Phobos held her neck was both seductive and rather aggressive. That she liked. It was his rather weak and pensive side she really couldn’t abide. A small smile formed upon her lips when he talked about killing her. How many times has he said that to her? She knew he hated her just like she hated him. Yet there was something that drew them closer, perhaps the burning hatred, perhaps something else. For all his threats she knew she was safe. It wasn’t just the fact that she knew more about his attitude better than himself but also she was not a weak damsel in distress. Eris could definitely look after herself. He would have to be smarter than her to kill her. She thanked the stars that this wasn’t the case. “You couldn’t kill me baby even if I showed you how to do it.”

Not looking at Phobos she turned to the two other men in the room. Icelos was always a barrel of laughs. He tried to piss people off, something quite like herself, though she was rather more…subtle. Morpheus was simply a bore. Indeed the man worked considerably harder than the other brother without any benefit of fun. Oh how droll his life must be! Still this didn’t faze her in the least. “My dear Icelos you flatter me with your words. You always knew what to say to a woman. I rather like getting up close and personal with my victims. I’m not ashamed. The victims are always prettier as rock then pathetic creatures.” Oh how the man wanted a fight. Yet she wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction, well not just yet anyways. If this was indeed going to be an interesting meeting then she would make damn sure it was going to be eventful.

Now it was onto her third victim, that of Morpheus. In truth she found him rather handsome but too prim and proper for her liking. Still she would have plenty of fun poking his head this way and that when the time came. Her Siren would be beckoned and would wreak havoc on everything the embodiments held dear. Perhaps if they simply accepted her for as she truly was she would not be either meddlesome (well not quite so much anyways) or chaotic then she would have left them be. Instead she desired everyone’s downfall. In her eyes everyone in that room had it coming, especially Phobos. Once the time came she would dump him.

Hearing Phobos’ inquiries she wondered why he would threaten her life but also maintain her secret. Sure she would make his life worse than death but she could have been exposed now. So what was Phobos’ game? He needed her more than she needed him she was sure of that. She wouldn’t have even blamed him for sticking her in the back. She would have probably done just the same.

At the mention of the siren her eyebrow arched in amusement but didn’t leave Morpheus’ face. She knew it would irritate him but that couldn’t have been the only reason for the meeting surely? Sure she knew her abilities and that of her servants were good but Eris doubted it was that good. “I wouldn’t think Morpheus would be the sort to…tap that.” Saying that last part was rather weird for she could not see Morpheus having any sexual relations. Shame really as he was insanely handsome in the sort of weird and quirky way. Well it could also be the fact that she always wanted what she never had. “Surely that lowly Siren hasn’t made you pick up your skirt and call an emergency meeting. A mere blip surely…” Oh she loved the way she delivered the line, a hint of sarcasm with the hint of feigned confusion as to why he would even think it a serious matter. Eris was the best damn actress there was when it was required. She crossed her legs waiting to see who was killing to kill whom. For a room to possess this many embodiments would surely end in some sort of casualty.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Morpheus
 Posted: Feb 22 2014, 01:05 PM
Embodiment of Dreams
31 POSTS

Morpheus only cut his changing eyes at his brothers own dark ones. Funny, A sleep related Joke. Creative, that was a low ball even for Icelos. Though as of the second, he was second guessing calling this before discussing this with perhaps the more adult of the embodiments. Like their mother, but it was too late now, he could only hope they would show up to it sooner or later. Though Morpheus was never of such luck.

However his brothers company was a bit of a relief to it all, ever the jokester. Breathing life into the most darkest of situations even if the humor was dark. He'd turned his wit towards the others, giving him the chance to return to his thoughts. He leaned back against the seat, arms under his cloak.

He let them both speak their sarcasm with a clenched jaw, apparently he was to be the only sane one in the room. "Perhaps you need to be reminded that with out them we are nothing. We are here to serve them, not the other way around."Speaking sternly, If they did not care for it then why did they even bother to come? He ignored the jabs about the siren. Though yes it raised concern it was not the forefront.

"The wants of some poor creature under the spell of a hag who is too cowardly to show her own face is of no concern here." If only he knew the 'hag' was sitting nearly six feet from him. "What does concern me is this force moving against all of us, it will eventually effect our hands. They have already taken a kingdom, moving against everything that give us our powers." He paused, allowing them a moment to adjust their mind set, "If you do not care about where you get your forces from then there is the door. I will make it known that you do not care for your duties"

He watched them for a sign of something " This Sovereign shadow group is moving against Parable, while another is moving against the barriers on earth. It is only a matter of time before something gives and breaks. The question is, who poses the bigger threat, who demands attention first. We all have the power to crush this before it gets out of hand. I do not think the humans nor the legends can handle this alone."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Icelos
 Posted: Feb 25 2014, 10:15 AM
Embodiment of Nightmares
4 POSTS

Return fire! Just what he wanted; although a fist tightened a little around the arm of the seat at mention of his father, Icelos didn't much more flinch - there wasn't much give on his face nor in his eyes, no quiver in voice nor lip. He just sat back and smirked, his feet wiggling on the table as he lounged - it was a diverse difference between himself and his sibling. Where Morpheus was stiff and hunched, Icelos was spead out, open - he was much more willing to draw them in.

"Well, mine might never have hugged me, but at least he didn't hit me. I'd say I got off lightly - do you still flinch when people walk toward you a little too fast? I'd imagine that's Ares' way of dealing with everything. Punishment, congratulations, say hello, goodbye, happy birthday..."

Shrugging a little, he lightly picked his ear with a pinky - finding nothing, of course, but it at least said he didn't care. Of course, he did, he cared a lot, because he was having fun with the group, dragging them in and under then spitting them back out when they thought they might have had something to say to hush the jokester up. In a way, he couldn't help but feel as though the humans maybe were rubbing off on him a little - every now and again, one of them said something he liked; "don't try to make jokes out of a comedian - because they're better at it than you are".

"He could do better than that - for a start, I bet she smells of fish in funny places..." He was cut off - Morpheus was growing impatient, but he could forgive it. He called the meeting - and these two looked like they would side with one another, and against him on a moral ground of differences than opinion. He talked like a war was going to happen, or something like that. Big stuff, humans dead, powers, legends, other things - he was lost, looking for a smart thing to say to Eris.

Wait, what was that about a goldfish attention span? Right, that was it, he said that Icelos had a short attention span. He didn't have a clue, he had a really long one, for what it was worth. He was sure of it. Better speak up and prove it though, just to prove it. "So, what exactly do you want us to do? I can make a bunch of lizard monkeys again, if that might help."

Icelos missed his lizard monkeys dearly. Those scaley little rascals.

PM
^
Anteros
 Posted: Apr 26 2014, 12:29 AM
Embodiment of Requited Love
6 POSTS

Two hearts equal happiness
Oh, how the mortals both baffled and amused the young-looking Embodiment. They were complex things, with their constant changes in mood and their ever-changing trends and meanings for one word. He also found their surprising resilience in the face of danger commendable, along with the way they were able to cast aside differences in order to work together in certain situations. Anteros had always had a fondness for humans, despite their many, many flaws. His love for humans had caused him to make some humans become his attendants.

Thinking about humans made the Embodiment of Requited Love remember the meeting that was being held on Fantasia. Dream, Morpheus had called a meeting for all Embodiments, there hadn’t been a meeting of this magnitude in age or so. He wondered who would attend. His mother probably wouldn’t, she’d send someone else in her stead. His half-brother, Phobos, might attend, if only wind others up. Anteros wasn’t sure whether he should attend. Of course, he wanted to help the mortals but a meeting with the other Embodiments…Requited Love knew what that meant. Endless arguments that could potentially last weeks; it had happened centuries ago, which had led to all sorts of disasters on Earth.

Love Requited travelled from Earth to his place on Fantasia and thought about going to the meeting. His presence and willingly to help the mortals might tip the overall vote, even if he was only one Embodiment among thousands. So, with that thought in mind, Anteros changed into a swarm of butterflies and swiftly travelled to the meeting place. Hopefully he wasn’t too late. His mother being who she was, arrived “fashionably early” as she liked to say. Anteros may be a son of Aphrodite but thankfully, he hadn’t inherited her time-keeping skills. Being a model had taught him to be on time, or at best, a few minutes late.

He changed back into his human form, which was fitted with a tight-fitting, white wife-beater and dark blue jeans with the latest trainers. Ant walked into the room and saw at least four other Embodiments. Was he early, or had they started the meeting already? Unfortunately, his half-brother was there, which annoyed Requited Love. Why he was there, Anteros didn’t know. He never contributed to the discussion, or rather argument. The handsome blonde wouldn’t let Phobos get to him. Well, he’d try not to, anyway

Sitting rather far away from his half-brother, Anteros surveyed who had come thus far; Icelos, Nightmare, Eris, Discord and Phobos, Fear. Anteros sighed inwardly, thinking how it would be a looong meeting.

“Did I miss anything?”

TAGGED:EmbodimentsWORDS: 433
THIS TEMPLATE WAS MADE BY WILMETTA OF CAUTION.
PMEmail
^
Nyx
 Posted: Jun 27 2014, 03:54 AM
Embodiment of Night
0 POSTS

Into the darkness they go,
the wise and the lovely…

On time… late… it never really mattered to Nyx when it came to things outside her own duties. For her there were things far more important than sitting around and talking, no, more like squabbling with other embodiments. Many of them were similar in personality yet so many were polar opposite… so at times nothing ever got done other than wasting time. Though, because of it being one of her sons asking for her to make appearance, the dark woman would do so for him. Of course, she would take care of a few things beforehand to make sure she had the time to waste in going to this gathering. It was why Nyx as a little late on her arrival since she had priorities. Yet, her timing did seem to be perfect when she was slowly coming through the shadows behind her son Morpheus and heard him talk about the conflict so close to spilling into other realms.

And for a moment, it had her hold back in the dark corner of the room to listen a bit more. This threat they spoke of, this Sovereign, was not unknown to her; yet she found no personal favor or dislike of him either. For her, the darkness was there in the beginning and would remain in the end. After all, they never spoke of the apocalypse being a world of light. No, the end would be covered in darkness and she would be there to see it.

But, for some of her children, this was not the case for them. They lived on the energy they held domain over; the more people believed in them the stronger they became and the longer they would live. If there were no people to dream or have night terrors, no people to believe in the powers of the Embodiments, she would lose almost all of them. That thought was always enough to make her willing to agree with them on some subjects… especially when it came to their existence and continuing it. So not being able to keep opinions to herself with what was said, Nyx finally stepped out into the light to make her arrival known as she spoke. “If they could handle everything without us, we wouldn’t have them believing in us all and praying for our help,” she said, having the faintest smirk on her lips as the shadows she stepped out of clung and draped over her to form a lovely flowing dress.

Walking up to Morpheus, she gave a motherly greeting of a kiss on the cheek and a “Hello darling,” before moving over towards Icelos to give the same greeting. Though, hearing her nightmare creating son’s question on what to do about the problem that was the Sovereign and his followers, the strategist in her knew a way to handle the situation if they were to get involved in what was happening. So turning to get a good look around, Nyx took up an empty seat and crossed her legs as Anteros asked if he missed anything. He must of showed up without her paying mind to him… a bad habit really in overlooking those that she found unthreatening. Something she had to work on; for now though she had something more important to talk about since she was there for her sons concerns.

So once more looking from one person to the next, Nyx spoke her mind on what they could do.

“The move against the barrier is a little more important than the attack on Parable. If they can break through one they will not stop there and will most certainly make way to our own. Of course, helping the kingdom would keep the Sovereign from gaining more power with already having one under his control. He has many agents in his army that’s already seeping into cracks of other kingdoms… so facing just one of these problems is not the answer. It’s better if we take care of both problems if we get involved. Leaving one to fester while dispatching another will only leave us with something to still deal with later. Like Morpheus had stated, we have the power to stop this so it’s much better to stop them all at once.”

Tag: Embodiments |Outfit| Words: 709

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Morpheus
 Posted: May 16 2015, 09:11 PM
Embodiment of Dreams
31 POSTS

It was not often situations such as this occurred between Embodiments of the same factions. But it was prone to happen as the humans say, once in a blue moon. Though they were only doing what was required of them, sometimes to meet the same end resolution, paths crossed as roads meeting at forks with no signs. Left or right, either way the end was the same end.

Gatherings such as this never ended well - they would bicker they would fight. Nothing would ever come of this simply because there was no point of leadership There never had been never was. They were all over themselves granted Morpheus and Icelos were intertwined. Sure they would listen to one another when it was required of them. They were brothers,above all they had each other's back if they were required. If it gave cause for Morpheus to worry to call them all here It was worth the time for even the one who claimed not to care to.

A long slender hand reached up from under the shadows of the cloak as he pinched the bridge of his nose. This was not going well at all. Lizard monkeys? None of this was going to help. This little meeting was becoming a fastly sinking ship. Phobos seemed to think that while this meeting was important enough to how up - that it was vastly more important to pick a fight with Icelos. To be fair, Morpheus knew it was best to just not rise to hi brother's taunts ever. If he had nothing to work with, he'd eventually just close his mouth for a short while.

Eris was no better, The late comer Anteros was not a sight for sore eye. While he knew of importance, he would imply be fodder for Icelos an Phobos. While Morpheus was probably the youngest in the room, it appeared he was the most mature. The most sullen and downtrodden of them all. Perhaps the elder embodiments thought the plight of this to be silly. Though it was not the elder ones who would suffer from this transgressions but their sons and daughters. Would they not fight? Would they not sanction the intervention for the sake of it all?

Just as his entire patience for the situation at hand was waining a voice of reason sounded. One that he knew all to well as it was a rare treat to hear. He paused, looking up at the ceiling with Iridescent eyes for a moment or two before a silent little smirk appeared on his face an disappeared just like that. Finally perhaps with his mother now here they could get some where with all this. He was content to remain silent as his mother's word echoed his own concerns.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marzana
 Posted: May 19 2015, 02:02 AM
Embodiment of Dark Winters
23 POSTS

The message to appear had arrived and Marzana had laughed at the summons. The threat was real enough. Those who attacked the realms were attacking those that Marzana wanted within her own fingers. They took from her the blood and the flesh that she used to placate herself from bringing an endless winter to the world and that was, in all likelihood, not a good thing. If she destroyed those within the realms, taking from them the very voices that sung her horrific praise, how would she destroy more? Of course they multiplied like rabbits so she would only have to leave a few survive but it would still decrease the fun that she could have in the realms.

The embodiment of dark winters laughed at the idea that everyone would be able to get along and speak and make a plan. They were all different, so very different. Most of them wanted to do nothing but talk and provoke others into action which Marzana could never come to respect. Unless there was another reason. Enjoying the way one would march into battle for their loves only to find that their love had betrayed them for instance. To watch that happen, Marzana would gladly speak the word to persuade another to action while she watched the storm of human affairs blossom into chaos. Of course, it was far more amusing to do it to the other embodiments. They were so self-righteous and selfish and impossible to deal with and the meeting was likely to dissolve into anarchy before an hour had passed.

Marzana knew that she too was selfish and mostly impossible to work with. There were precious few that could sway her from a path that she had stepped foot upon and that was what made this opportunity so delightful. If the other embodiments were focused on the enemy and on their attacks, well, maybe she could bring her powers back to the realms. It had been ages since she had taken a whole realm and turned it into a frozen playground. There was a deal that she had agreed to many years ago. She would only use her powers on isolated areas as long as her husband was kept with the rest of the dead. Other embodiments had replaced his role in the spring and she had abided by those rules.

But now there was an enemy. Battle would likely be needed and that would cause scars that would require healing. That would need as many spring, vegetation and fertility beings that ever existed. She was certain that she could convince them to take paths that would require his return and then she would get her choice of realms. Even if they didn't, they would be too busy to notice if she was digging her fingers into the population of one of the realms.

Literally.

While she knew she had to go, she also knew that being on time would not get her noticed. They would not remember who she was as she mostly stayed away from the things that they dealt with. What did she care if the livestock were dying of some strange disease or they were fighting? She loved when they fought. They were so cute the way they tried to kill each other with what they imagined to be great skill and honorable purposes. Marzana did not try to sneak in the back unnoticed, acting ashamed of her arrival. No. She stood with shoulders back, head held high and as the blue skirt flowed around her legs.

She was present to hear Nyx speak clearly but she had heard the bickering of the others as she approached. Typical. "How would you propose a fight against the enemy when we are not even able to have a conversation that doesn't result in a childish blame game?" She turned, taking a seat before continuing in the span of a breath. "By the time this lot comes to a decision, it will likely be too late anyways. The other realms will be destroyed. They will have gathered all of the resources in the other realms. All of their knowledge and we will be nothing but beautiful prey. Oh we would present a better challenge then the others but we would be destroyed as we discussed which of us should be sacrificed for the others." She smirked, tossing a look over to the beings that she suspected having heard before she entered.

--------------------
user posted image
Graphic by Frost
PM
^
Tzernabog
 Posted: Jun 7 2015, 09:15 AM
Embodiment of Evil
21 POSTS

A tattered lie and a desperate plea
Turn your heart to stone Take my crown of thorns We can suffer together We can suffer alone A new faith won’t set you free. A tattered lie and a desperate plea

Unlike the others, Fantasia was not his home. Chernabog was a king before he was an embodiment, but not over the realm of men or legends. But the damned. His rule was over the shadowlands, a place no one dared to venter. A place all feared to set foot was his home. A powerful demon of fire and destruction had been placed into the seat of Embodiment of Evil after the well timed death of a so called Mr. Dark who was the being before him. Proof that if they were to die - they could easily be replaced. Though he thought highly of himself, knowing that he was far better suited for a place of domination over evil then his predecessor.

Chernabog held no moral ground, he was a creature of darkness, of fire and death. Evil incarnate was his only purpose. He loomed over the largest mountain in the Shadowlands, a towering figure who commanded masses of slithering creatures to destroy and torment the damned souls who held the displeasure to call it home. Frankly he enjoyed it. Tzern too had received the message, for the most part he assumed that all embodiments would. While he was rather amused by the idea, never before venturing to this... Fantasia.

Just as the others of what seemed to be a more mature disposition, he was not on time. In fact he arrived shortly after his wife had. Unlike the others his arrival had not been subtle but a torrent of dark fire that rose to almost the ceiling before he was left standing in its wake. His eyes closed for a moment in an attempt to adjust to the brightness of the room.

This was out side of his element, the light. His head was lowered for a moment, as Tzern scanned the room with narrowed eyes from under his shadowed brow. They were all no better then children from the looks of them. While he was older then most, his time was not spent as one of them. Making the Demon King a wild card, to which he would use to his advantage.

He stood behind Marzanna for the time being, a clawed hand rested on her cold shoulder. He had no stake in this game, let alone that he was a being of little to no words. He would speak, when it was necessary from him to.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome!
Welcome to Dreams Don't Come True. This site is inspired by the comic book series, Fables. Fortunately, you don't need to have read the series to enjoy it here; you just need to have a love of fairy tales and folk tales. We do not allow Disney or Once Upon a Time versions of the characters, although we do allow you to glean information from them, such as certain personality traits etc. Please feel free to look around and ask any questions you may have.

hover for links

Staff

Frost

Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

skin by panic! its lauz of shine, atf & caution.