Add Reply
New Poll

A Day Off.
Philip
 Posted: Jul 3 2015, 01:01 PM
5 POSTS

All These Nightmare's

tag: Briar . words: . notes: x ✖︎

It was a calm morning when Philip left the warm covers of the bed and his sleeping wife, to get dressed. Normally it was Briar who would be up first, but Philip couldn't sleep anymore, he was restless and the reason behind it he didn't know. Or perhaps he did.

It was the same nightmare as what he had the last few nights. It made him get up and go for a walk, do stuff the whole day and return to bed as late as he could, just so he could get less sleep then he needed. But it didn't help, the nightmare kept coming and Philip couldn't handle it anymore. He would take the day off and spend it with his wife. Alone, no one around and only the two of them. Leaving a note for Briar to come to the forest.

Philip walked out of their room and started gathering everything he needed, got his horse from the stable and rode off into the forest that was just outside of the castle, looking for a nice spot in the forest. And he did find one, a spot that had enough trees to block the sun out, a little pond and long enough grass to not get too dirty. He smiled and took out the blanket he had taken with him and laid it down, sitting on it, just enjoying the calm sounds. Now he just hoped Briar would find him.

And even if she didn't, he would enjoy this alone. It was not that he had enough of being King, but he just needed a day off once in a while, just like now. And yes, even he needed to get away from his child for a moment. It was not that he didn't love his son dearly, and that the boy was a good gall, he just wanted some alone time with Briar, or even all alone. It was known that Philip liked to hunt, but with all his responsibilities he couldn't do that anymore. Even going out for a ride was hard these days and he hated that he couldn't do that. But now, he just waited for his wife.

I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine.
PM
^
Briar Rose
 Posted: Jul 5 2015, 05:46 PM
Queen of Enchantera
6 POSTS

user posted image
once upon a dream
A soft light was seeping through the window pane when Briar Rose awoke from her slumber. Ever since the curse of the faerie witch had been cast upon her she had always been a fairly early riser. Most often waking before her husband and most of the castles household. It was one of the reason most of her light daywear didn’t included any intricate lacing up or corset pieces as it would mean her having to wake her hand maidens early in order to get dressed. If she knew that she would need such a dress in the morning in such cases that their was a event or celebration that called for it she would always let them know before hand and make sure they got an early night's sleep.

Though as Briar awoke and rolled onto her back she noticed that for once she was not the first to rise as Philip was already up, out of bed and gone from their chambers. She did wonder why he had risen so early as it wasn’t usual for him to be the first up, but she supposed that she would have to find that answer out when she saw him. Letting out her morning sigh Briar sat up only to notice that their was a note waiting for her on her bedside table. She picked up the note and immediately recognised the handwriting to be that of her husbands. Opening the note she found that it was an invitation to spend the day with him, just the two of them and have some alone time’. Something that they didn’t get nearly as often as they would like as their duties as King and Queen kept them apart more than one might think.

So rising from the bedsheets Briar went over to her dresser to find an appropriate outfit for the day. It had to be something comfortable and practical since they day would entail horse riding but also something that could help add a bit to the romance of the day as she like to look good for her husband. As with all the things going on in all of Parable it would be nice if she could help him forget about it for just one day and relax his mind, as he certainly deserved it. Soon Briar had picked out a nice light blue dress that she could slip into herself no problem. A gold sash tied around her waist to pull the following material of the dress in and give her figure some shape. Underneath the dress she wore some light riding leather upon her legs as the material of the dress was rather thin and would do nothing to protect them as she rode.

Once dressed she sat herself in front of the mirror where she brush her long silver blonde hair. Once brushed and unknotted she braided two length of hair on either side of her face, one high and on low. Then she pull them behind over the remaining amount of hair and tied them off, as this way it would keep the hair out of her eyes as she rode. Once ready she smiled at her reflection before leaving to mirror to depart from her chambers, attaching a light silver half cloak around her shoulders as she did so. Briar too had left a note for her handmaidens telling them not to worry about seeing to her today as she would be out of the castle and wouldn’t require their assistance.

He booted feet clicked softly down the stone halls of the citadel in which she now called home as she made for the stables in order to saddle up on her destrier, Balthazar who had a dapple grey coat and a mane of hair almost the same colour a Briar’s own. When she reached the stables Balthazar was already saddle up and waiting for her. Philip must have arranged for him to be ready so that she could simply rif him out when she arrived. So with a step up from the stable hand to mount the horse Briar kindly thanked the boy before she urged Balthazar forward out of the palace stables.

It was still early meaning the streets were fairly quiet as merchant began making their way to market or to open up their shops. The sound of Balthazar's hooves echoed through the streets as she rode until finally Briar broke through the walled city streets and out into the lush forest the lay outside the cities walls. Now Briar had to find her husband as no location had been left up the note that Philip had left her. So she started down main path looking for fresh hoof prints leading off into the forest. She found a few sets but their lead nowhere, most likely of hunters up early to catch some game.

Returning to the path she was about the try and find him a different way, maybe by calling his name as she rode or something similar when she spotted another set of fresh hoof prints but leading in a different direction to the one that she had just come. So she decided to give the trail a try as even if she didn’t find Philip at the end there wasn’t anything for her to lose. Calm Balthazor trotted down the trail his hoof print doubling over the ones already made. She was riding for five or ten minutes down the trail before she spotted a figure up ahead, sitting upon a blanket. A figure she just knew had to be Philip.

Quietly she trotted over to him as not to startle him before dismounted her horse next to his. She smile at her husband before moving to join him over on the blanket that he had laid upon the ground placing her hand next to his. It was a beautiful spot that he had chosen for them as it was fairly secluded and had a nice little pond and flowers in the opening. Making it a perfect spot for them to just sit and be with one another enjoying one another's company. Something that Briar must admit had been awhile since they had last gotten a chance to do so other than when they slept.

“This sure is a lovely spot you have chosen… but then again you always did have a good eye for things my dear.” Briar said turning her gaze from the pond to that of her husband. He eyes took in his features that she knew all too well. His thick curly hair which she enjoyed running her fingers through. His kind eyes that had melted her heart from the first time they she had met his gaze. And his strong but tender lips which were encapsulated by his scruff of a beard. At first Briar hadn’t been found of it as the sensation of it against her skin felt unnatural. But know she was growing used to it as it gave Philip a more rugged handsome look which she was being to like. “Have you been out here long? I didn’t hear you leave this morning.”

1202 | PHILIP | JUST THE TWO OF US | KIRITO! @ SP
PM
^
Philip
 Posted: Jul 7 2015, 08:09 AM
5 POSTS

All These Nightmare's

Philip had been sitting there for a little while now, and to be said, he was enjoying the sounds of the forest more then he would ever enjoy the sounds in the castle. He closed his eyes and didn't open them until he heard the sound of hooves. Looking around he spotted some hunters, Philip knew them since he would Always go out with them, but now he had something much more.. likeable to do. Yes, he liked spending time with his wife more then to go out with his buddy's and hunt.

Speaking about his wife, who'm had just shown up on her horse, sitting down next to him and looking at the location they were. She said something about him Always finding the good spots and such and then looked at him, while he had already been looking at his beautiful wife. Taking in her appearance, from her long silver-blonde hair to her beautiful eyes. The smile on his face was one any woman would want her husband to have when looking at them.

She looked at him now, there was a moment of silence, and Philip grabbed her hand and held it in his. His smile only widening when she spoke. "No, my love. I haven't been out here that long, just a few minutes now, your a good tracker." When she said that she hadn't heard him leave his smile weakened a bit, but it was still there. "Yes, Yes I know. I couldn't get back to sleep so I planned this and gathered anything I would need. And besides, I wouldn't want to wake my beautiful sleeping wife, would I now?" He smirked and grabbed Briar around her waist, pulling her on his lap. "I wouldn't want my wife to be angry at me because she couldn't sleep properly."

PM
^
Briar Rose
 Posted: Jul 8 2015, 04:26 PM
Queen of Enchantera
6 POSTS

user posted image
once upon a dream
Just sitting there next to Philip was bliss enough for Briar. Being able to be alone with him and gaze into his loving eyes, it was all that she needed to be happy and content. There were no duties, no children and no distractions out in the woods. It was just the two of them and the sounds of nature. Just like the first time that they had both met. Briar had only been sixteen back then but as soon as she had seen him she knew that he held her heart. Some might say it was foolish of her to fall in love so easily, but Philip had brought her nothing but happiness.

There was no titles involved in their love as they had both been willing to leave behind everything just so they could be with the other. It just happen that they were both royalty and so that just made things easier later on. Especially when Briar became pregnant with the twins. Day and Dawn where the lights of her life, Philip was by far the brightest of them all. He was the sun to her moon, her light in the dark. If they hadn’t met that day in the woods Briar had always wondered just what her life would be like. Most likely she would still be asleep under the wicked faeries curse and her kingdom most likely asleep with her.

But that wasn’t a thought that Briar wanted to dwell on as that hadn’t happened and she had met Philip that day in the forest. He had come and save her from the wicked witch faerie and saved her from what could have eventually lead to her death. She really had found her Prince Charming, her knight in shinning amour. She was one of the lucky ones to find true love at a young age so that she got to spend the rest of her life with the man that she loved. And when you were a legend that could be a very long time indeed. And Briar Rose could happily stare into the Philip’s eyes for eternity.

“Well I did grow up in a forest after all.” Briar replied to Philip’s tracking comment. While she wasn’t one to hunt really she had learnt a little about tracking in order to avoid running into animals likes bears and wolves. She didn’t exactly wander into the heavily armed when she had been going to pick berries and nuts. Plus her seven faerie godmothers had taken care of getting most of the supplies that they had needed to survive in the forest so their wasn’t a need for her to hunt. It was usually seen as a more manly thing to do anyway, to go out into the woods and just kill something. While Briar didn’t think it was wrong for women to hunt she just would rather not do it herself having been rather friendly with such animals when she was growing up.

With her hand in his Briar felt safe, truly and completely. They could be facing down the vilest and most dangerous of foes but as long as Philip was there beside her to take her hand she knew that everything would be alright. Together they could make it through anything. She could feel the roughness of his skin against her own. Most likely from the weapon training and wielding his hands had to endure. The sharpest thing her hands encounter where thorn bushes or needles. But even since she was cursed from pricking her finger Briar hadn’t picked up a needle of any kind. Which was a shame as she had so loved to make her own clothing when she live in the forest.

At Philip’s response saying he hadn’t wanted to wake her as he didn’t want her to be angry at him for waking her up, Briar had to let out a little bit of laughter. She would not have mind if Philip had woken her as after all that was the reason why they where here now. “Well I glad you weren’t bothered about waking me up when you kissed me upon the lips to break the wicked faeries curse.” She said leaning her head upon his shoulder as Philip had now wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap. She could feel the warmth of his body pressed against her own keeping any of the coolness of the morning dew away.

“Well I hope whatever woke you doesn’t bother you much longer. Can’t be having the King falling asleep on the job. I already earned myself the nickname of Sleeping Beauty back in my own kingdom. We don’t need you getting yourself one of those now do we.” Briar smiled looking upon toward her husband’s face from where he head rested upon his shoulder. Briar herself knew just how troubling it could be when you just couldn’t sleep. She had the same problem after waking from her curse. The after effects had left her with some dreadful night terrors. She hadn’t had any for a while but every so often they would come back and plague her. She always did her best to hide them from Philip and her children as she didn’t want them to worry, but there was only so much you could hide when you were tired. But right now she was happy, in the warm embrace of her husband as they listened to the sounds of nature around them.

923 | PHILIP | JUST THE TWO OF US | KIRITO! @ SP

PM
^
Philip
 Posted: Jul 13 2015, 07:41 PM
5 POSTS

All These Nightmare's

Philip was thinking back to the first time when the two of them had first seen one another. It was just like now, in a forest. But instead of sitting, he was hunting and saw her, and from that very momeny, he fell in love with her. Something the young prince had never though he'd be. A love like this was the only thing he ever truly wanted. And he had it, he had all of it.

He smiled at Briar, looking at his beautiful wife who'm sat on his lap, his arms around her waist. His hands were on hers, sliding from her fingers up to her wrist, and back down. He was so up in his own mind and thinking that he didn't notice the wolves who'm he always hunted had come to the clearing. " Oh but my dear, I won't fall asleep. It's just a simple nightmare haunting me at night." He smiled at her, but the smile didn't reach his eyes. He averted his eyes into the still dark forest, when he saw the wolves it was as if his nightmare had come alive.

The wolves, the same colors as in his dream were there, looking at Briar and him, as if they were their prey. Philip's grip on Briar her waist tightened and his eyes almost showed fear. " My love, I hope your not afraid of wolves?" He tried to make a joke of it, but one of his arms grabbed the hilt of his sword, just in case if something happend. Philip was a skilled hunter, but he was alone and his wife was here, while a pack of wolves was there, wanting them as a meal.

PM
^
Briar Rose
 Posted: Jul 16 2015, 11:20 AM
Queen of Enchantera
6 POSTS

user posted image
once upon a dream
There are some who say a dream is a wish your heart makes. Briar didn’t know if that was true but she liked to believe that it was as this moment in time it would certain make sense. Everything just seemed so perfect it wouldn’t surprise Briar if it did turn out to be a dream after all. But to be just sitting there in the protective arms of her husband, with no worries or concerns of the Kingdom nipping at their heels was nothing but pure bliss. The soft sounds of the waking forest echoed all around them as birds chirped, singing out beautiful songs too one another. Another reminder of when she and Philip meet as she hadn’t even realised that he had been there until he joined in singing with her. At first she had been startled but locking eyes with him for the first time melted any worries she had away.

As Philip mentioned it was only a nightmare that was keeping him from his sleep Briar nodded understanding just how hard they could make it to brave the land of dreams. It was a world that was so unpredictable just like the weather. One moment everything could be bright, happy and peaceful but in a split second everything could change into something that you never wanted to see. Something so terrifying that it could even force you into consciousness once more to save yourself from the terror. Briar just hoped whatever terror was plaguing Philip didn’t linger too long as when you didn’t get enough sleep for an extended period of time it is never a good thing.

“I sorry to hear that my love, I hope that soon you will be able to sleep peacefully once again.” Briar said softly to her husband in a comforting tone.Though instead of Philip relaxing she felt his whole body tense up around her and his grip tightened upon her wrists. Surely it couldn’t have been what she had said that had caused this tension, or had it. Briar lifted her gaze to her husband’s face and could see that something was definitely wrong. “What is it my love? Is everything alright?” Briar asked tentatively as she was still uncertain as to why her husband seemed almost of is her was scared of something. Something that Briar as of yet did not know.

It was only as Philip mentioned that he hoped she wasn’t afraid of wolves did she follow his gaze and find the source of his worry. Briar had been so encapsulated in the moment that she hadn’t even noticed the wolves that had entered the clearing they were in. Briar had seen wolves before since she had grown up in a forest much like the one they were in now, but she never had much trouble with the animals. They had tended to leave her alone and she left them alone, like an unspoken agreement. Though it seemed that these wolves didn’t think the same way as they stalked them from the edge of the clearing like a hunter stalking it’s prey. Though while Briar wasn’t afraid of wolves per say should would be lying if she said she wasn’t a little scared right now. She tried not to show it as she was trying to be strong for Philip.

Taking a deep breath Briar laced her fingers within that of her husbands. Her slender finger fitting between the gaps of his. She squeezed his hands gently in support as she was with Philip and as she had told him on the day that they had wed, as long as he was at her side she would face down any foe with him and never be afraid. He was to be her rock that would help her stand through the stormiest of weather. And now it was time for her to return the favour and be strong for her husband. “So long as we are together I could never be afraid of anything my loved. Together we can stand strong. I trust that you won't lead me astray.”

688 | PHILIP | JUST THE TWO OF US | KIRITO! @ SP

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Welcome!
Welcome to Dreams Don't Come True. This site is inspired by the comic book series, Fables. Fortunately, you don't need to have read the series to enjoy it here; you just need to have a love of fairy tales and folk tales. We do not allow Disney or Once Upon a Time versions of the characters, although we do allow you to glean information from them, such as certain personality traits etc. Please feel free to look around and ask any questions you may have.

hover for links

Staff

Frost

Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

skin by panic! its lauz of shine, atf & caution.